How to Adjust the Fitness Factor Jump Rope
The Fitness Factor Adjustable Jump Rope can work great for a wide variety of users, but it's important that you adjust it properly before use to minimize the change of issues such as tangling and maximize your performance.
We recommend the below sizing method for your Fitness Factor Jump Rope:
- Stand with one foot on the middle of the rope.
- Pull the handles upward until the rope is taut and even on both sides.
- Find the right length for you using the following guidelines:
- Beginners: Adjust the length of the rope so the tops of the handles – where the rope meets the handle – reach just below the top of your shoulder line, above your armpits.
- Advanced Users: Adjust the length of the rope so the tops of the handles – where the rope meets the handle – reach your armpits or just below them.
- For Double Unders: Adjust the length of the rope so the tops of the handles – where the rope meets the handle – reach mid-chest, or an inch or two below your armpits.
Note: Proper rope length also depends on your form. If you jump rope with your elbows farther away from your body, you may want to make the rope longer.
Once you know what length you need, you can follow these steps to adjust the length of your Fitness Factor Adjustable Jump Rope:
IMPORTANT: For best performance, we recommend cutting your rope so that there is only about one inch of excess rope past the adjustment piece to prevent twisting. Leaving more than an inch of excess rope can lead to tangling if the rope rubs against the inside of the handle